Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blogging.

...This thing is very confusing to me. I would love to be writing profound thoughts to the universe about life, our new president, God, my family, random pictures I take, quotes I like music that is amazing and must be enjoyed by others, and many other things...but alas... I just get super confused about blogspot. Hence why Krystle judges me for not posting. I don't know how to follow anyone. Well other than 2 friends I have who have brand new blogs, and I don't know how anyone can follow me... So... It's kind of awkward. I feel like I'm on a dessert island writing in a personal journal that no one will ever see, and I already have one of those. It's in my dresser drawer :) It's red. Haha. Half of that stuff I write in there ends up on a blog or Facebook anyway, so... yeah. If anyone reads this SOS...Help me out.

And since you're here reading you might've wanted to know something about my life right now. So far UW is good, but i am incredibly lonely and bored. I do my homework, occasionally hang out with one of the two friends I have here so far. Haha. And the rest of my time is nothing. I read... I watch TV... I Facebook the people i USED to spend all of my time with. But I deeply and intensely miss that awesome busy feeling. I want to get involved in things but it is hard to do all by myself.

I have been brave and gone out on a limb on one or two things, but the truth is... I really don't know how to make friends. I have always had lots of them, and have always known tons of people, and being in theatre you have 20 new people every year kind of thrust upon you and you know that you all share common goals and interests to some extent, so it gives you a fabulous jumping off point! It was so easy to make friends that way!

But here I have to do it the old fashioned way, and everyone for the most part seems set in their routines and friendships and activities by this point in the game. Halfway through junior year of college is an incredibly awkward transition time when you're doing it alone, and I never realized how painfully awkward it really is to just try to introduce yourself to someone who sits by you in class and try to strike up a conversation, or to talk to the person who sits next to you on the morning bus when you're out of your element. It is hard and weird and I don't like it!

So... That's that. I am surviving and grateful for the little handful of friends I do have here, I'm just hoping things look up soon.
<3- EmilyBrooke- <3

1 comment:

Emily said...

Emily, you are getting the blog thing just fine! And I think you're adorable, and I can't wait to go to Wonderful House with you next week! Love, Emily
P.S The boys upstairs are being SO BLOODY NOISY!!!! I'm going to kill one of them. Or them all. Then there would be quiet. -EP