Monday, August 30, 2010

The Story

"all of these lines across my face,

tell you the story of who I am,

so many stories of where I've been

and how I got to who I am..."

Today I had to write an autobiography for a school assignment.

This is my life. One page. 12 Font. Double Spaced.
My name is Emily Brooke and I was (accidentally) born in Montevideo, MN on March 7, 1988. I have lived in Wyoming my entire life and although I am not a “cowgirl” I feel that the Cowboy State’s culture, cuisine and climate have all had a role in shaping who I am today. I am tough and outspoken but my heart melts easily. I cry an awful lot! My passions are theatre, music performance and appreciation, service and children. I participated in almost every sport and activity imaginable as a child but excelled only in performing arts so that’s what I stuck with. I am learning how to cook and I love good food. I have great parents, an ambitious younger brother and a beautiful older sister who was “adopted” into our family growing up. I have a close bond with my aunts, uncles and cousins on both sides of the family, and I have wise, strong grandparents. My mom and sister are both teachers and I am no stranger to kids. For example, each summer since high school I have taught between 40 and 120 children at a 3 week long intensive theatre performance camp for children ages 8-18. I cannot describe the passion and energy that these students have, and their thirst for learning and adventure is contagious! I have not always been excited to be a teacher, but now I can’t wait. Following this semester, I will continue my education at UW in fall 2012. In the interim I will serve as a missionary for my church and I am so excited for all of the opportunities that are coming my way in the near future. I can’t wait to be a teacher, mother, wife and lifelong learner always!

1 comment: